Welcome to 411 Pediatrics and After Hours Care!
A Trusted Healthcare Partner for Austin Families
Looking for an Austin pediatrician? At 411 Pediatrics and After Hours Care, we know kids! Our expert team of healthcare providers offers a caring medical home and comprehensive healthcare for your child from birth through adolescence.
Wish you had an Austin pediatrician who is available when you are? We offer the right care at the right time for your baby or child, with the convenience of being open 7 days a week and open until 6pm on weeknights. From newborn care, well-child checks, and sports physicals to treatment for illnesses and minor injuries—we are there when you need us.
Our after-hours care/minor-emergency care services are also available to families who utilize other Austin pediatricians for their primary care. Austin-area children deserve appropriate healthcare from a pediatric-trained specialist, even when their own doctor’s office is closed! To ensure continuity and quality care, we notify your pediatrician about the visit.
Want an Austin pediatrician who is a partner in your child’s health? We get it. We give you the information you need to make informed decisions regarding your child’s health and well-being. Our role is to assess, evaluate, educate, and advise—but also to listen, empathize, reassure, and lend support. In the office, by phone, or direct messaging via our secure patient portal, we make it easy to stay connected.
INFO ON FLU SHOTS! Flu vaccine is here! Please read this important information about the vaccine and how to make it as painless as possible for everyone!
- The flu SHOT is the only flu vaccine approved by the Centers for Disease Control for this year. Please warn your kids!
- The flu shot is approved for children six months of age and older. Children under 8 years of age who have never received the flu vaccine before need a series of 2 doses given one month apart for best protection.
- Patients who have scheduled well child visits may get the flu shot at that appointment.
- We will offer WALK-IN Flu Shot Clinics (no need to call to book an appointment!) every Wednesday from 3pm-5pm
- Parents can receive flu shots during our walk-in clinics and pay $30 (we do not submit to insurance).
- Established non-Medicaid patients will have flu shot billed to insurance.
- We cannot offer flu vaccine supply to patients insured under Medicaid, but suggest utilizing school flu clinics or Shots for Tots.
INFO FOR PATIENTS OF DR TARRANT : If you are interested in joining our practice, please call your insurance company to confirm that 411 Pediatrics is in-network for you. You may need to select a new primary care provider by name–if so, please select 411 Pediatrics and not an individual provider. Then, click the green tab on the top right portion of this page that says “Patient Portal” to begin registering your child/children as new patients. Unfortunately, we are not taking any new Medicaid/CHIP patients at this time.
Please note that we prefer to schedule both sick and well child appointments to ensure prompt care. We do not offer daily walk-in hours.
411 Pediatrics and After Hours Care Services
- Free monthly prenatal/baby care classes
- Breastfeeding prep classes for parents-to-be
- Newborn care
- Breastfeeding support and lactation services
- Well-child checkups and camp/sports physicals
- Developmental, behavioral, and attention, learning differences assessments
- Sleep and toilet training consultations
- Illness care (e.g. fever, colic, ear infections, Strep throat, asthma, allergies, vomiting)
- Ear piercing
- Convenient after-hours care and online access to accommodate busy schedules
- Whooping cough shots and flu shots for parents and caregivers
Seeking an Austin pediatrician that Specializes in Babies?
If only babies came with an instruction manual! Our team, including Dr. Ari Brown, nationally acclaimed pediatrician and author of the Baby 411 book series, is passionate about helping families just like yours.
We want breastfeeding to be a successful and enjoyable experience. Our independent, certified lactation consultants are here to help! From breastfeeding classes for parents-to-be, newborn assessments, consultations, hospital-grade breast pump rentals and breast pump sales, Kiran Hahn, RN, IBCLC and Helina Teshome, RN, IBCLC offer a full array of services in our office.
Our team of Ari Brown, MD, Ava Gallagher, MD, Cacey Adams, MD, Shubha Adeni, MD, and Laura Cox PA-C, and independent lactation consultants (breastfeeding support) provide the best care for your child. Contact us at (512) 327-0411 for emergencies or via the 411 Patient Portal for non-urgent questions when the office is closed. Our offices are located at located at 925 Westbank Drive, Austin, Texas 78746.
411 Pediatrics and After Hours Care—We know kids.